Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Martin Strel - The man who swam the Amazon river

My first ever blog post was about Martin Strel. I have no idea how I found his website. I know I didn't search for "crazy people swimming with piranha". Yet there he was. I knew nothing about the man, just his mission. What a mission it was, to read all you need and want on him (it's worth it) head to Amazon Swim.com.

The folks over at American chronicle have published an incredible interview with the man himself.

From the prologue Matthew Mohlke -

"OK, I´ll be honest. When I signed on as a kayaker to help navigate Martin Strel down the Amazon River, I gave him about a fifty-percent chance of survival."

To purchase his book, head over...to amazon.com, Buy the book here!. Or head to American Chronicle and finish reading the interview



No comments: